What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Change the email name

Beerman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When setting up my Exchange account, I went past the default 'Exchange' name and now that the account is done, I see no way of changing the name of this email account, or any other for that matter.
Other than deleting and starting over, is it possible to change the account mail name after it's set up? I don't see that in Settings.

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Do you mean the description? You can change that in settings, click on the email account then the address and you can change things there.

OP
Beerman

Beerman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I guess description is a better name. The default when I set up my office Exchange email shows as Exchange and I want it changed to Work and the other to Home.
I'm not able to do that for some reason to my Exchange account. Maybe it has something to do with permissions or security.
I'll keep trying and if I can't, I'll simply delete it and name it when I re-create.
Thanks for the help.

Mav777

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes it can be changed, settings-mail...-Exchange-account- then close to bottom- Description. Change to whatever you want it to say.

OP
Beerman

Beerman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes it can be changed, settings-mail...-Exchange-account- then close to bottom- Description. Change to whatever you want it to say.

Hmmm......I'm still not able to do that. I'm going to talk to the nerd who set up my company server and see if there's any reason. I did have a tiny bit of trouble when first setting up my android phone and something he did fixed it.
This just looks too easy not to work.
Again, thanks for the help.

OP
Beerman

Beerman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Got it to work. I did nothing different that I can think of to make it work except install a few free apps and that certainly would have nothing to do with mail. Either way, I was able to change it finally as mentioned.
Thanks for the help.

Mav777

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear, sometimes stepping away and looking at it with fresh eyes helps.

Most reactions