What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Change of screen keyboard on iPad 2

Seemann

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good day,

I am currently migrating from PPC WM 5.0 to iPad 2 and setting it up for convinient use.
When using PPC there I fount very comfortable screen keyboard - Resco Keyboard. There are digits in upper row and arrows also available.

I want to have something like that in my iPad in all applications.
JD allow to change the theme of keyboard.
Is it possible to install alternative and more advanced screen keyboard?
:ipad-keyboard:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, no, there is no other keyboard for the iPad to use with all apps on the iPad.

Well, on a stock iPad. There is a jailbreak tweak called 5Row Keyboard that will allow you to add a 5th row :))), which can contain numbers or symbols. But it doesn't have arrow keys - or look as neat as your picture.

The best you can do is use the keyboard you found, then cut-n-paste the text into a different app (e.g. type in your Resco Keyboard app, then copy/paste it into the Mail app).

Sorry 'bout that. If it's any consolation, many people would love to have arrow keys. It's just not to be ... for right now.

Marilyn

LordStyphon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there,

surtenly I miss the arrow keys too and hope it will come in next generation.

I've got a little tips I use:

Get the App iA Writer, with this I write all and the copy / paste.
The app has the arrow keys, further keys to delete or repeat what I just wrote and keys jumping one word back or forwards.

Try it if You like my tips.

Most reactions