What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Change computer for syncing Ipad?

hiker04

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I work for an agency that works with adults with disabilities. A donor bought an IPad for one of our members and purchased ProloQuo2go for him. It has been a wonderful purchase but she synced it to her computer. Those of us who work closely with him would like to be able to do upgrades and personalize it for him such as adding music for him to listen to. He does not have Internet access at home so is dependent on us to keep him updated. Can we sync it to a computer here at the agency?

Thanks!

malairt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you upgrade to OS5 the iPad will then be computer independent - it can sync direct to the cloud. As a non- expert, I'm not sure you can do that without downloading and installing through the PC that you're linked to at the moment. Alternatively, you can reset the iPad, sync to another comp and install OS5, but then you'll lose the data that's currently on it.

I think you'll have to ask your donor to sync the iPad one last time.

Corporately Challenged

malairt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
malairt said:
If you upgrade to OS5 the iPad will then be computer independent - it can sync direct to the cloud. As a non- expert, I'm not sure you can do that without downloading and installing through the PC that you're linked to at the moment. Alternatively, you can reset the iPad, sync to another comp and install OS5, but then you'll lose the data that's currently on it.

I think you'll have to ask your donor to sync the iPad one last time.

Corporately Challenged

you can sync with another PC without resetting, sorry. Once you've done so, download and install OS5 so that you can be free of pc's.

Corporately Challenged

Most reactions