What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central file storage app?

MJ5150

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there an app that lets you store your files in one place and point your apps to that one location? I'm not talking about Dropbox or another online storage repository.

I have a few different PDF apps I am trying out. It looks like each app has to have it's own copy of the same PDF in it's own folder. I am hoping to get away from that.

-Mike

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No, there is no central file.

However, the app GoodReader (I think it's $3.99 USD in the app store) allows you to "Open In" - so you can open your PDF files in other apps.

For example, I have a PDF loaded in GoodReader. Under "Manage Files," I select "Open In" and I can choose whether to open the file in:

- Note Taker HD
- iAnnotate PDF
- PDF Expert
- DocsToGo
- iCabMobile
- neu.Annotate
- Save2PDF
- iBooks
- Bluefire Reader

Now, that's not an exhaustive list of the apps I have that'll open PDF (I also have ReaddleDocs, but that didn't show up in the list), but it's darn close.

So, while you may not have a central file system, GoodReader (which can also browse the web, show pictures and play videos) - is a darn close substitute.

Marilyn

TCD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.gotmyipad.net
Have you ever heard of a Pogoplug what this device allows you to do is store all your data in your location up to 7 Terabytes and you can access it from any mobile device.I have a 250 GiG hard drive that I can view with my iPad.I keep all my business forms,Invoices etc it works great.

Most reactions

Latest posts