What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Case with integrated keyboard

JPD501

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just looking for a bit of advice please...

I've looked at lots of the threads and can't see that my question has been asked before, but if it has I apologise!

Looking to buy a case with an integrated keyboard for the New iPad. Does anyone use one? Is it any good?

Any advice gratefully received!

Thanks very much!

gabey8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing. Though I have a separate BT keyboard (see my post in the Verbatim folding BT keyboard thread), I did want to look into getting a keyboard case.

But this is my first iPad, so I was not prepared for the sheer number of keyboard cases that are available. Holy cow. I never owned a device with such a vast number of available accessories made for them, until I joined the iDevice club last year,

Last edited:

stebro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm pretty confused by the number of keyboard cases too. I tired the Belkin but returned it (kind of awkward/floppy, didn't always remain paired). Judging from the iLounge reviews, the Adonit Writer 2 plus and the Solidline Rightshift2 sound good. The Adonit is being updated for the new iPad and will be available in the next couple of weeks. The Solidline appears to be available online now. The Targus also looks interesting because it allows you to swivel the iPad from portrait to landscape. That was a problem with the Belkin (and with most other models) because, if you're viewing a site in portrait mode (and some sites only work in portrait you have to either type sideways or look at the screen sideways.

6mildollarman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
stebro said:
I'm pretty confused by the number of keyboard cases too. I tired the Belkin but returned it (kind of awkward/floppy, didn't always remain paired). Judging from the iLounge reviews, the Adonit Writer 2 plus and the Solidline Rightshift2 sound good. The Adonit is being updated for the new iPad and will be available in the next couple of weeks. The Solidline appears to be available online now. The Targus also looks interesting because it allows you to swivel the iPad from portrait to landscape. That was a problem with the Belkin (and with most other models) because, if you're viewing a site in portrait mode (and some sites only work in portrait you have to either type sideways or look at the screen sideways.

I think the Targus got a pretty high rating in the current issue of iPad Life magazine. I'll double check...

exile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I originally ordered the Aida bt keyboard folio case for my 3 but then canceled the order on amazon. Wanted to try out the stylus method first..

If that doesn't work out.... I think I'll wait until newtrent comes out with a revised version of the embassy case for the 3.

stebro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
keyboard case

I stopped by an ATT store yesterday and looked at the Zaggfolio case. Ultimately, I bought one with a 30 day return privilige. So far, I really like it--good keyboard, stays connected, magnetic catch works, and I can use it on my lap without the thing flopping over (like the Belkin did). One thing that confuses me: I have the "new iPad". The Zagg box says it's for iPad 2. The ATT salesman told me it's really the new model for the iPad3. The 3 does fit but it's very snug and you really have to manipulate it to remove from the case. The Zagg web site says they will begin shipping the iPad 3 version in another week. I'm wondering if the salesman gave me bad information--whether the Zaggfolio will be different or if only the box will change. Also, I got the carbon fiber model but the leather ones look very nice. I will either keep this one (if there are no changes in the upcoming "new iPad" version or return it and get the revised version in leather.

Most reactions

Latest posts