What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Capturing video

hughjb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there an app or a harware solution that will allow me to capture video directly into the ipad from a video mixer or similar device.

Any insights will be appreciated

Thanks

Hugo

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Interesting question - of course, there are several current threads recommending a variety of software options on a regular computer for converting DVDs or other video formats into one that will play on the iPad; then just syncing the computer w/ the iPad and loading in the converted file - is that not a possibility for you?

OTOH, from your query, you want to directly get video material onto the iPad w/ a 'hardware' solution - correct? I suppose that a docking connection would be needed along w/ an app on the iPad to accept video input - will be curious if our 'video experts' have a recommendation, if one exists?

Just thinking aloud but is there a Wi-Fi or 'cloud based' option of getting video files into the iPad - just wondering - :)

OP
H

hughjb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, to convert video to a format that can play on the iPad is not that big a deal.

For my purposes is a notch more complicated because I'm trying to serve a live signal to the iPad, or stream directly into the unit. The Wi-Fi/Bluetooth may be the way to go, but for that to work I need two pieces:

1. A camera and software that can send a signal to a server

2. A blackbox that can received and stream that signal into the iPad

Pretty much a Netflix type connection, I just need to figure out who makes 1 and 2.

videomonkey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
http://cube.teradek.com/
Now i know this isnt capturing but it is getting the live video feed in, wich is a start. Uncheap but a real nice way to use ipads as a wireless monitor. Im new to this forum and am not even sure where i should be asking if any peeps have tried these.

Last edited:

Most reactions