What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't WiFi Sync

AJLComputers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys

I've just updated to iOS 5.0.1 and run the Absinthe jailbreak on my device. I'm trying to WiFi sync the iPad and it just doesn't show up in my iTunes devices section. I know that my firewall and iTunes and everything is working as my iPhone 4 shows up and is able to sync over WiFi.

I've ticked the "Sync with this iPad over WiFi" option but as soon as I disconnect the iPad it dissapears from the device list and doesn't come back.

Can't see any settings on the iPad that could be causing it. Any ideas?

Have other people had this problem, could it be related to the Absinthe jailbreak?

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry I can't help you but I will move your post to our Hacking Forum where you'll get a better response.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

keneo2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have also experienced this issue with my iPhone 4S after using Absinthe jailbreak.

I have no solution. but make sure your device is plugged into a charger or wi fi sync wont work

Bigmacduck

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AJLComputers said:
Hey guys

I've just updated to iOS 5.0.1 and run the Absinthe jailbreak on my device. I'm trying to WiFi sync the iPad and it just doesn't show up in my iTunes devices section. I know that my firewall and iTunes and everything is working as my iPhone 4 shows up and is able to sync over WiFi.

I've ticked the "Sync with this iPad over WiFi" option but as soon as I disconnect the iPad it dissapears from the device list and doesn't come back.

Can't see any settings on the iPad that could be causing it. Any ideas?

Have other people had this problem, could it be related to the Absinthe jailbreak?

Why would you want to WiFi Sync if you have IOS 5? Use iCloud backup/sync instead, it works perfectly well on my jailbroken iPad 2 with iOS 5.0.1

AceCoolie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having the same problem. I've also noticed that I can't connect to my appletv with the remote app and my airplay mirroring is not working. Anyone have any ideas?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
AceCoolie said:
I'm having the same problem. I've also noticed that I can't connect to my appletv with the remote app and my airplay mirroring is not working. Anyone have any ideas?

Sounds very much like a router issue. Have you tried rebooting it?

AceCoolie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, everything worked before, I did the jailbreak, and now it doesn't so that's leaning me towards something in the iPad/jailbreak. The iPad connects to everything else OK. It just seems like it's having an issue with home shareing or something. Since I can connect to my wifi and surf, I'm not sure what router settings I would change. Is there a specific port I should check?

Most reactions

Latest posts