What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't watch java live stream? (ARD, Olympics)

Schaine

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey,
here in germany, our main Broadcaster ARD.de has set up live streams for the olympic games. These are java streams (it says "apps/java" in the URL)

When i want to watch those on the ipad i get the message "The file does not exist". On my notebook, they work perfectly fine.

So it has the be an ipad-issue.

Do you have any solutions on what i can do? I would really like to be able to watch the streams for my ipad since its easier for me.

I have the "Ipad 2"

Thank you

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The iPad does not support Java.

One of the Flash browser apps like Puffin or iSwifter may work, or not. They are server based, so even if they work performance is heavily dependent on server load.

Also, check the App Store to see if your broadcaster has an app. If they do, it will work better.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Aime said:
The iPhone does not support Java. Steve Jobs has been quoted as saying "Java's not worth building in. It must be pretty much earth-shattering for Java fans. As for Windows, Java is still updated though. I wonder why Steve Jobs had said that is was not worth implementing?

Java tends to present security risks. On windows it is always need in to be updated. I get sick of updating all of these things that create security hazards. I welcome having one less thing to worry. I'm glad flash is dead on mobile. I can't wait for it to die everywhere.

Most reactions

Latest posts