What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't update software now black iTunes screen help!

Lisajo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am trying to update my iPad but iTunes came up saying cannot update due to unknown error. Now the iPad is on the black screen with the iTunes icon and I can't get it to do anything. Have tried home and sleep buttons got the apple and then back to the black screen.

Any ideas what I can do before I cry!

tasha95

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've got exactly the same problem- I'm missing drivers, whatever they are, so the software update can't be completed, so all I have is the black screen, too.

I'm taking mine into my nearest Apple shop, which I've done before when I had a similar problem with my iPod touch, and I get them to restore it to factory settings. It's worked before with the iTouch, and then you just have to sync it with your library when you get back to get the content back on.

Hope that helps :)

Most reactions

Latest posts