What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't sign in to Yahoo mail

john52il

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So, as of last night I cannot sign in to Yahoo mail on my iPad. I tried resetting my password and did so successfully. I can sign in on my macbook, but when I try on my iPad it says my password is wrong. It seems to be logging in and then just takes me back to the sign in page. What the heck is going on?

gringanica

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I'm no techno wizard, but you can try two things. First try turning your iPad completely off and let it sit a minute or so and the. Turn it back on. If that doesn't work, try resetting your router on your home computer. Those are the first things you can try. Also go to your tools icon on your iPad and make sure your password is correct.

OP
J

john52il

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, I should have mentioned that I tried those steps already, I also cleared the cache and cookies.

jenniferb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't sign in either

Has anyone figured out a fix for this?? I can sign in on my desktop. But the iPad keeps giving me the same thing as a previous post.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You can try deleting the email account and adding it again. Hold in mind if the iPad really can not authenticate with Yahoo, the new account will not activate. Then again, you are already not getting your mail.

OP
J

john52il

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, it's working now. Seems that maybe it was related to a new version of Yahoo mail 'cause now when I enter it's got new push notifications, etc.
Thanks for your help everyone.

Most reactions