What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't see mailboxes

MikeOliverAZ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have an iPad with the latest iOS

I cannot see the other mailboxes other than inbox, except I can save a message to one.

I use Gmail and the folders/labels show fine on iPhone.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you using IMAP or POP? To be able to 'see' your mailboxes you need to switch to IMAP.

Tim

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Tap the Mailboxes button at the top of the list of emails. This should take you to a view of two lists. The top one lists the Inboxes for your accounts. The bottom list shows the accounts. To see all the folders in an account choose from the bottom list.

OP
M

MikeOliverAZ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tap the Mailboxes button at the top of the list of emails. This should take you to a view of two lists. The top one lists the Inboxes for your accounts. The bottom list shows the accounts. To see all the folders in an account choose from the bottom list.

Well I guess I could do that but I don't have a "Mailboxes button at the top of the list of emails."

For Tim, I said I am using Gmail which is IMAP AND I said I see the mailboxes/labels just fine on my iPhone, AND I said I can see them fine if I save a message to another mailbox...I just don't have the Mailboxes button to show them.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
This button, regardless of what it may say takes you to higher folder levels. Tap it enough and it will take you to the lists I described.

MailButtonLandScape.png

MailButtonPortrait.png

OP
M

MikeOliverAZ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Solution

I wasn't blind and I wasn't stupid. I could not see a button of any kind above the search input box.

The solution was to use iTunes to backup then restore. Now I see the button and the mailboxes.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sorry if you felt insulted. I only know what you tell me, and I can only give my best guess based on that. The pictures were to clarify, in case what I had written was not clear. Depending on where you are in the app, it is perfectly possible for the Mailbox button to actually say something else.

I'm glad you figured it out on your own.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
MikeOliverAZ said:
I wasn't blind and I wasn't stupid. I could not see a button of any kind above the search input box.

The solution was to use iTunes to backup then restore. Now I see the button and the mailboxes.

No one suggested you were either, sometimes it's hard to guess what people mean by what they write. Tim and Twerppoet were just trying to help you. I understand your frustration when a problem arises. If you do continue to be a part of this Forum you will come to realize the extent of the knowledge, expertise and humanity of these 2 men and what they bring to this Forum all with the aim of helping others who do not know. That is when you will realize the disservice you have just shown them.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It's too early to take offense for anything said. I did not mean to say that MikeOlvierAZ was insulted, only that I was sorry if he had interpreted my response as insulting, and to explain where I was coming from. I did this because his words could easily be read that way, and I wanted to head off any potential misunderstandings.

Please, let's let Mike speak for himself before jumping to conclusions. And if my post had the opposite effect of what I intended, then again, I am sorry.

It is far to easy to read things into posts that are not there.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
It's too early to take offense for anything said. I did not mean to say that MikeOlvierAZ was insulted, only that I was sorry if he had interpreted my response as insulting, and to explain where I was coming from. I did this because his words could easily be read that way, and I wanted to head off any potential misunderstandings.

Please, let's let Mike speak for himself before jumping to conclusions. And if my post had the opposite effect of what I intended, then again, I am sorry.

It is far to easy to read things into posts that are not there.

Sorry but it wasn't your words that made me feel that way, I felt offended by his words. If I jumped the gun sorry, but manners go a long way

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I understand and appreciate your sentiment, not to mention the kind words. I just want to give Mike a chance, before we get so carried away that ill feelings are created where none were intended, or before pride and hurt feelings make apologies difficult.

At any rate, nothing that happened here is worth ruining so much as a minute of your day. :D

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
I understand and appreciate your sentiment, not to mention the kind words. I just want to give Mike a chance, before we get so carried away that ill feelings are created where none were intended, or before pride and hurt feelings make apologies difficult.

At any rate, nothing that happened here is worth ruining so much as a minute of your day. :D

My day is fine, beautiful in fact and I truly hope Mike's day is too, and yours. You've shown your humanity again, thank you.

veralynw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:

Thank you so much!

Most reactions

Latest posts