What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't see iPad in Windows Explorer

hcccs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can access internet thru my Wireless network but I can't see the iPad in Windows Explorer as a unit. Should I be able to do that and if so, why can't I?

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
hcccs said:
I can access internet thru my Wireless network but I can't see the iPad in Windows Explorer as a unit. Should I be able to do that and if so, why can't I?

As far as I remember you can see the iPad only when connected through USB on the explorer as a removable disk.
As it is not a usual accessable device in the WIFI network you cannot see it.
(experts hee to show me wrong)

☠ stay safe ☠ stay legal ☠

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hpulmer said:
As far as I remember you can see the iPad only when connected through USB on the explorer as a removable disk.
As it is not a usual accessable device in the WIFI network you cannot see it.
(experts hee to show me wrong)

☠ stay safe ☠ stay legal ☠

Correct to my knowledge. Viewable to attached PC only.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sometimes doesn't show if you connect it to USB 1.1. Try a different port, preferably directly connected to USB2.0, not through a hub.

I just noticed I answered a slightly different question, i.e. one that hadn't been asked. IDevices will not show up in Windows Explorer when connected wirelessly as stated above. The only thing you can access through Windows is the camera roll. Everything else requires iTunes, and if you are lucky, you can do all of that wirelessly.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts