What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't restore iPad, on device or via iTunes.

hyellow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So here is my situation. I have an iPad 1 with 3g and it runs on iOs 5.1.1 and it is jailbroken.

I wanted to restore or perfom a full reset on the device, but just is showing a spinning wheel. I know this has something to do with it's jailbroken state.

However, the iPad is not even being recognized in Windows 7 x64 anymore. I have removed and reinstalled apple's software various times.

My iPod is being recognized immediately and is even installing the Apple Mobile USB Device for it, wich ofcourse, won't work for the iPad when I do a quick switch.

When connecting the iPad to the PC, I get a balloon message saying the USB device is not recognized. When putting the iPad in DFU mode, it still says the same and iTunes can't detect the iPad is in recovery mode.

I am not unfamilliar with tech, so I did search and research the heck out of it and I have restored and jailbroken many iDevices before, though I am not a hardcore jailbreaker using command lines.

What may be helpfull information is that I have purchased a TV Out cable from ebay, and in order to make it work I needed to install TV Out app from Cydia. I also installed Resupported from Cydia. Can it be that Resupported has messed up the iPad connector scheme? I also used an aftermarket USB cable that is 3 meters in length without any problem, untill after I installed either the TV Out app or Resupported and now only the original cable works to charge.

For your information. The iPad is still functional, it still works as usual, but I just can't perform a reset on the device or restore it through iTunes. It just isn't recognized by iTunes or Windows.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Most reactions

Latest posts