What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't open books now that I have it's 5

Broadwaymom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can't open books now that I have ios 5

I downloaded iOS 5 yesterday and now I can't open any of my books. They are on the shelves but there is no picture on the books, only the titles. When I click on a book it just goes dark. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are two possible solutions.

The first is to completely quit the iBooks app by double-clicking the Home button to open the multi-task bar, then pressing and holding any icon until they all start to jiggle, then touching the upper left hand corner of the iBooks icon. This will close - but not delete it. Now close the multi-task bar and see if the problem persists.

If it does, try completely switching the iPad off by pressing and holding the Power button until the slider control appears. Then accept the offer to power down. When you power up again (press and hold the Power button until the white Apple logo appears) the iPad does a whole load of 'housekeeping' and this often fixes these sorts of problems.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts