What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't download iTunes to my Laptop

spanbox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone. Complete Novice with the Ipad and the Macs in general. Hope you will have the patience to help me out.
I have an ipad2, which I bought in Gibraltar, moved it to Spain where I live and have tried to down load the itunes software from the apple.com/itunes/downloads. To my sony laptop computer.
I use firefox and have also tried with internet explorer i cannot down load it, I get the following error message:

An error occurred during a connection to swdlp.apple.com.
SSL peer has no certificate for the requested DNS name.

(Error code: ssl_error_unrecognized_name_alert)

Is this anything to do with buying in on counrty and trying to set it up in another?

Thanks in Advance. Spanbox

Last edited:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

I saw your problem with iTunes and I think this will get better attention in the Help section so I've moved it there with a permanent redirect.

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

MacVaio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone. Complete Novice with the Ipad and the Macs in general. Hope you will have the patience to help me out.
I have an ipad2, which I bought in Gibraltar, moved it to Spain where I live and have tried to down load the itunes software from the apple.com/itunes/downloads. To my sony laptop computer.
I use firefox and have also tried with internet explorer i cannot down load it, I get the following error message:

An error occurred during a connection to swdlp.apple.com.
SSL peer has no certificate for the requested DNS name.

(Error code: ssl_error_unrecognized_name_alert)

Is this anything to do with buying in on counrty and trying to set it up in another?

Thanks in Advance. Spanbox

Bienvenido spanbox.

I don't think buying your machine in one country and using itunes in another has any problem at all.
Here in EU and in South America many people were buying their iThing in the US and they are using it with spainsh or international iTUNES accounts.
Try later since the server may be overload or misconfigured.

Salud y república!

MacStanza

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It might have something to do with your ISP, or your Firewall. Try another network (hotspot), or try termporarily disabling your computer's firewall.

OP
S

spanbox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you both genlemen. Managed to crack the problem, the server was obviously overloaded and me not having any patience! It works now. Thanks again

Most reactions

Latest posts