What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cant delete previous app i used

adam9456

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I just "jailbreak" my iPad1 (iOS 5.1.1).The problem is I can't delete previous app I used, for example when we double click "home" button n it will show previous app we used, n I try to delete but it's not work. Everyone whose know how to sort it out pls help me.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I just "jailbreak" my iPad1 (iOS 5.1.1).The problem is I can't delete previous app I used, for example when we double click "home" button n it will show previous app we used, n I try to delete but it's not work. Everyone whose know how to sort it out pls help me.

Just to clarify: When you double click the Home button and see the apps in that bottom row (the multitask bar) - when you press on them, they start to wiggle. In addition, you see a red minus sign in the upper left of the icon. Do you mean that when you press the minus sign, the apps do not disappear from that list on the bottom?

If that is it, what is happening? Do they wiggle at all? Have you tried to either restart or reset your iPad, and then try to remove them again? With what jail break tool did you jailbreak the iPad1 and did you restore from a backup or from new (or did you even remove everything from the iPad before doing the jailbreak). Sorry to have to ask all these questions, but I cannot duplicate that problem on my iPad3 (jail broken) and I'm just trying to narrow down the problem.

If that is not what you mean, could you explain a bit more?

Thanks.

Marilyn

OP
adam9456

adam9456

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
Just to clarify: When you double click the Home button and see the apps in that bottom row (the multitask bar) - when you press on them, they start to wiggle. In addition, you see a red minus sign in the upper left of the icon. Do you mean that when you press the minus sign, the apps do not disappear from that list on the bottom?

If that is it, what is happening? Do they wiggle at all? Have you tried to either restart or reset your iPad, and then try to remove them again? With what jail break tool did you jailbreak the iPad1 and did you restore from a backup or from new (or did you even remove everything from the iPad before doing the jailbreak). Sorry to have to ask all these questions, but I cannot duplicate that problem on my iPad3 (jail broken) and I'm just trying to narrow down the problem.

If that is not what you mean, could you explain a bit more?

Thanks.

Marilyn

Hi Marilyn,

Re: can't delete app- yes I mean when I press the minus sign, the apps do not disappear from that list on the bottom. And yes they wiggle at all. Already restart a few time but still same. But I didn't restart coz I don't have backup on PC@ LAPTOP. Jailbreak tool is (green poison) something like that (green skull apple logo). Before jailbreak I reset all in my iPad1. After jailbreak I get back some app what i had before from app store (purchased-iCloud).

Hope with my answer can help u a bit to try sort it out, I'm newbie for apple. Btw, if u have better jailbreak tool for iPad hope u don't mind to share.

Adam

Most reactions

Latest posts