What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't believe how awful the apple word prediction is

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
prediction is. I guess I got really spoiled by how well it works in the awesome keyboard selection in my DroidX phone.

What REALLY annoys me is when it substitutes the wrong word (and it does this constantly putting in the word it incorrectly THINKS I wanted). At that point, every other keyboard I use in either my droid or my notebook let's me backspace the incorrect word out and type in the correct option and go on from there.

Not on the iPad however. The stupid iPad KB will keep reinserting the incorrect word over and over sometimes three or four times in a row!!

I don't want to turn the feature off totally as I am used to it and love it in my phone (the word prediction using some android KB's is absolutely amazing) but it is really annoying me a lot the way it is. Does anybody have any suggestions as to how to improve the function of the stock ipad2 KB ??(since there is no way to swap it for a better one at this time)

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
An easy work around that was suggested by another Member can help. He noted that the iPad never corrects entries in the iPad's Contacts database. So he suggested - and several of us use it - that we put all those words that the iPad keeps on auto-correcting - perhaps they're technical or business terms - as 'spoof' entries in the Contacts list.

Works fine - so now all those technical terms that I keep on using never get corrected.

Tim

OP
J

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Tim, I will give that a try as I find it extremely annoying the way it is now.

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
do you know if you can edit the dictionary on a Jailbroken phone/pad?

Blueface

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When it pops up a word it thinks you want, why not hit the "x".

No doubt it is somewhat annoying, particularly when I am in certain places inputting my email address. I have just learned to anticipate it happening and be ready to "x" it.

OP
J

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When it pops up a word it thinks you want, why not hit the "x".

I do that, but if you don't hit the X just right it goes right ahead & uses the word it wanted to use anyway.

I can't believe that the programming is so stupid that after you backspace the incorrect word out it keeps reinserting it again and again and again.........

No other KB I've ever used does this. I only have to back space out a word once on any Android KB, the second time it leaves what I've typed intact.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Why can't it use a replacement suggestion like it does when you tap on whole word and selected.

Most reactions

Latest posts