What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't Add Second email Account

ty.louise

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there everyone, I have a first gen iPad and would like to add a second account to my mail app yet it won't allow me to. I went into the settings and the section which says add account isn't hi lighted, it is a light grey colour.

Can anyone please help me out here?

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! There are a lot of great people here willing to lend a hand anytime. Often using the Search box (at the top-left of every page) will lead you to the answers you're looking for. If not, feel free to post a question in the appropriate area.

Please take a moment to view the information here to get the most out of your iPad as well as our forum:

Forum Rules - Please read
Hacking Rules - Please read
iPad for Beginners
Free iPad User Manuals
Download The Official iPad Forum App

With respect to your question...do you mean that when you go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars, and you tap "Add Account..." nothing happens? It should look like this (click for full-sized graphic)...

Screen Shot 2011-10-25 at 12.13.56 AM.png

Followed by this...

IMG_0033.PNG

Is that not the case?

If it looks like this you probably have Account Restrictions turned on.

IMG_0034.PNG

To check go to Settings > General > Restrictions > Accounts. See if there is a padlock icon on the "Accounts" line. If so, tap that and change it from "Don't Allow Changes" to "Allow Changes" and see if that works.

BTW, I'm going to move your post to the Help section where it will likely get more responses.

Welcome again and enjoy!

Last edited:
OP
ty.louise

ty.louise

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you very much! You have bees great help :)

Red123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can add your second account through safari. Log in with your second Facebook account and create book mark by selectin the arrow and choose "add bookmark to home screen" select keep me signed in if you want that option. Voila! You will have your second Facebook icon on your IPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts