What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Cannot RESTORE, ERROR 3200" ....After downloading io5...

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I was feeling really good with the update downloading in 15 minutes, extracting and backing up working---until I received this error. I tried to restart the PC and restart the itunes to do the update again-and had the same message. I called Apple support and the kind lady told me that this error has coming up frequently because of the server being bogged down. Her recommendation is to try the update later when it might not be so congested.

Hope this helps anybody out. I asked if I should do anything else to my router, security updates etc--she told me no. :eek:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
OP
skimonkey

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, f4780y-I may consider this if I can gain enough courage to do so as a last resort. I am going to wait and see if I can try later. If I can use your assistance later, I would really appreciate it! I have an ipad 32 wifi. So the firmware would be the ipad wifi-ios5 restore? It says it's for phones.

Martin.D

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.martins-photography.com
The problem is due to the overloaded Apple servers - I tried 10 times if not more - there is no need to re download the Update once it's completed first time - the error occurs when the iPad tries to verify with Apple - keep trying, I got through after 10 times - up and running now!

magntpat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is way too long but it might help some people out, sorry I think this is my first post on a forum ever.
  • This is all related to the 3200 error on my iPhone 4 w/AT&T and could possibly work for some of you
  • SO after trying twice to update to iOS5 like I have on any other update, I had to start experimenting - These are all in order
  • I restarted my PC
  • I restarted my iPhone -it did not do anything weird, it started up as normal
  • Put phone in Airplane Mode (no connection at all - no wifi or 3g)
  • I connected my phone in to PC
  • It’s taking around 15 minutes or more on the “Backing up iPhone” dialog box
  • Extracting software takes about 2 mins
  • Verifying iPhone restore with Apple appears
  • Now this is where it gets weird - my iphone booted down and had the little connection thing show on my iPhone screen, like the USB cord connecting to itunes picture/gaphic, this is the furthest I have got and so I start celebrating, but BAM right in the middle of that the 3200 error comes up again and I check my phone to see if it was updated, but no still 4.3.5
  • I would give this a shot because I got damn close, the only other thing I can think of is that once upon a time I jailbroke my phone and didn’t fully uninstall this app called CarbonXD through Cidia. Apparently they put a bookmark webpage in the install process so even though I unjailbroke my phone, this damn app bookmark pops up. Since I am not a tech person I have no idea how to get rid of (no, I tried to simply hold down and delete but everytime I restart my phone that stupid webapp is sitting there. ) I guess it’s my fault for jailbreaking my phone when I really don’t know what I am doing
    • Good luck with the 3200 error and if anybody knows about my issue please let me know!

OP
skimonkey

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is way too long but it might help some people out, sorry I think this is my first post on a forum ever.
  • This is all related to the 3200 error on my iPhone 4 w/AT&T and could possibly work for some of you
  • SO after trying twice to update to iOS5 like I have on any other update, I had to start experimenting - These are all in order
  • I restarted my PC
  • It’s taking around 15 minutes or more on the “Backing up iPhone†dialog box
  • Now this is where it gets weird - my iphone booted down and had the little connection thing show on my iPhone screen, like the USB cord connecting to itunes picture/gaphic, this is the furthest I have got and so I start celebrating, but BAM right in the middle of that the 3200 error comes up again and I check my phone to see if it was updated, but no still 4.3.5
  • I would give this a shot because I got damn close, the only other thing I can think of is that once upon a time I jailbroke my phone and didn’t fully uninstall this app called CarbonXD through Cidia. Apparently they put a bookmark webpage in the install process so even though I unjailbroke my phone, this damn app bookmark pops up. Since I am not a tech person I have no idea how to get rid of (no, I tried to simply hold down and delete but everytime I restart my phone that stupid webapp is sitting there. ) I guess it’s my fault for jailbreaking my phone when I really don’t know what I am doing
    • Good luck with the 3200 error and if anybody knows about my issue please let me know!

As stated before-the Apple Support personnel told me that the server is overloading the system and to try later.

Pinkiex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I finally succeeded upgrading to iOS 5 after 13 times (lucky number?) of getting error 3200. Just keep on trying hitting restore! All the best!

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
  • I restarted my PC
  • It’s taking around 15 minutes or more on the “Backing up iPhone” dialog box

No offence, but none of this has anything to do with the 3200 error or your prior jailbreak status. iTunes download servers are overloaded because the whole world is trying to install IOS5. Plain and simple. Once you get a good download of the IOS5 firmware it will install properly.

iPF Noob
Reaction score
im having the same error code , so much for the servers been ready for us updating our phones .... very sad ps I also noticed about 80% of my Apps are not ISO5 Ready
so looks like I may wait , apps like TomTom Satnav , etc.. Regards Matt

dmedlin06

iPF Noob
Reaction score
oh wow and i'm restoring my phone now cuz i didn't google fast enough :( thought it was my phone. 30 gigs of xfering coming up

dacooks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No offence, but none of this has anything to do with the 3200 error or your prior jailbreak status. iTunes download servers are overloaded because the whole world is trying to install IOS5. Plain and simple. Once you get a good download of the IOS5 firmware it will install properly.

With as many people around the world trying to do this at once, I am amazed the net in general hasn't slowed....

Any way to check if I have a "good download" of the iOS5 firmware?

Most reactions

Latest posts