What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cannot connect to wifi

Warriordawg31

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After four months of it working, my wife's iPad2 suddenly will mot connect to our wireless network. It does not give the option to enter a password, it merely says unable to connect to the network. My iPad2 has not had this problem. We also have three iPhones and a MacBook Pro and they all connect fine. I backed it up and restored it to factory settings. It now is up to date but still gives the same message. Can someone please help?

rolandbutter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I lost my connection yesterday and it would not ask for a password. Eventually I had to delete my network connection and reset . It then asked for the password and installed ok.

This happened just after I upgraded to 5.0.1 - maybe coincidence.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello all and welcome to the forum! :)

Forgetting the network and/or restarting/resetting the iPad would be my first attempts to correct the problem.

If these maneuvers do not help, then (despite your other iDevices working), I would suggest trying to 'power recycle' your modem & router (not sure what your ISP setup may be?) - but if you have both of the latter, then turn them off (or pull the plugs), and sequentially plug the modem back in first and then the router - now if these steps do not work, then please post back for further advice - good luck! :)

Most reactions