What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cannot connect to iTunes store

mtsheta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there
I have an iPad 2 64G 3G
Everything is going ok except one thing
Whenever I Truro update an app I get the same message "Cannot connect to iTunes store"
I can get any new app I want but I can't update any existing app
Can anyone help me on this.?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How are you updating the app? Are you doing this directly to your iPad via WiFi (or possibly 3G) or via your PC and a synchronisation operation?

Tim

OP
M

mtsheta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Tim
I am updating through wifi or 3G

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK - then I'd try the 'fix most problems' solution of a complete power down and then power up. Press and hold the Power button until the slider control comes up and then accept the offer to switch off. When the screen has gone completely blank, press the Power button again until the white Apple logo appears. The iPad will power up. See if the problem persists. If it does, get back to us and we'll try some other things.

Tim

OP
M

mtsheta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Tim
I tried it but nothing. Still getting the same thing
Mo

Suprbabe2t

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can't connect to iTunes store

Hi there any luck yet? I'm also having the same problem.

OP
M

mtsheta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I checked and they are correct but still the same problem
Any other advice?

jkmaes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also cannot connect. I have checked date and time settings, turned off wifi and then back on, did a hard reset, and logged off iTunes and back on again. Any suggestions? Next stop is the Apple store.

OP
M

mtsheta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there any news. It is become very annoying

Juniormatthews

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, i wonder if your problem is similar to mine? Sometimes i do connect to the app store or itunes store, but there will be missing images. Sometimes it will say "cannot connect to server" although i show a strong wifi signal. Also same happens in safari and netflix....missing images, ? Marks in rectangular boxes, etc. Im trying to AVOID replacing the Ipad, being that theres some info in certain apps that i may lose. Do you have these symptoms?

OP
M

mtsheta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No it is not the same. I can purchase apps but I can't update them. Every time I try to update purchased or free apps I get the same message. "Cannot connect to iTunes store". It's becoming very frustrating

iichiko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh boy...I am having the same problem. I keep getting the same message for both downloading or updating an app...which reads "Unable to connect to iTunes store." I have done or checked on everything that is said in here. Soft reset, updated iTunes, date and time... and still nothing works. This is so frustrating. Anybody out there with bright ideas? Thanks.

Most reactions

Latest posts