What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cannot Charge in Europe

Carr7472

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad two and I'm an American living in southern italy. Today to charge my iPad I tried plugging in my USB chord to a european power plug. My iPad recognized that it was plugged in bu it said "Not Charging". Then I tried plugging it into a laptop through a USB chord and it still said not charging. Can someone please help?

OP
C

Carr7472

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well my iPad charger is a USB chord that connects to a charging thing, so I unplugged the USB chord I use to charge it an putnit intoa European wall plug that you out into an outlet and has a USB slot

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Only the iPad charger will properly charge the iPad. A normal USB charger can only charge at 300mA whereas the iPad charger is 2.1A. So an iPad charges very slowly on a USB port or regular charger and the iPad indicates this with the 'Not Charging' message.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts