What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can you view/retrieve files in a USB connected via camera connector?

alan_g

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a camera connector and I was just wondering if there's a way to view and retrieve files in a USB using the camera connector.

Reaction score
Ifiles can access content via the connector kit, if your USB drive works with the iPad. Many people have claimed that only USB drives without an indicator light work. But if your's has no light, ifile can read the data

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
Ifiles can access content via the connector kit, if your USB drive works with the iPad. Many people have claimed that only USB drives without an indicator light work. But if your's has no light, ifile can read the data

Hmmmm

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Yep, thats true. Several success stories on the forum. Its kind of hit n miss though. A brand thrown out there that seemed to work was luxar. Also mentioning of lower end/older/cheaper usb drives seems to work. I just use the sd card reader as that works Everytime with no issues. Apple killed the functionality by reducing the voltage requirements with usb devices. There has to be some kind of jailbrake hack in the works to brimg back original voltage.

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a camera connector and I was just wondering if there's a way to view and retrieve files in a USB using the camera connector.

There is a reason, Apple iOS lowers the voltage on the USB port ... thus not enough power to operate the light on the USB thumb drive. It is also way iPad cannot be charged properly thru USB2.0 ... only via the charger included (higher power).

Reaction score
madhatter61 said:
There is a reason, Apple iOS lowers the voltage on the USB port ... thus not enough power to operate the light on the USB thumb drive. It is also way iPad cannot be charged properly thru USB2.0 ... only via the charger included (higher power).

The reason why you cannot charge the iPad through a PC USB is not because Apple doesn't want you too, but rather that the iPad draws 2A and the USB 2.0 is only set to operate at a current of 0.5A.

Most reactions

Latest posts