What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can you imagine Nothing? Is there really life out there?

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Can our minds really imagine nothing as in beyond the universe which is expanding alway in evry direction. And beyond that, Nothing. We have no reference for nothing because there is alway Something outside of nothing in our three demential world. Scientist tell use that every star has planets and the stars are countless. Can we really imagine countless? Lastly we are told there must be life because there are so many stars!
But what if we Are the only life. What if we are the only perfect match whereby all the elements along with perfect distance from the sun and a hugh outer planet which sucked in and absorbed countless meteors came together to support this carbon entity we call life. Imagine how truly fragile our life is viruses, molds, insect, poisons, heat, cold, radiation all have to be perfect for life to exist.
Imagine that

I used to be all thumbs now I'm all gums I love dictating my posts!

Last edited:

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
Take my word for it. There's something out there.
AA
image-2602522846.jpg

OP
zipur

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Do you have personal knowledge/experience?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Was it Carl Sagan who said that whether we are alone or not, either thought is fascinating. I tend to agree with that sentiment.

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
Was it Carl Sagan who said that whether we are alone or not, either thought is fascinating. I tend to agree with that sentiment.

Yes quite the diplomat he is!

I hardily agree....or is that heartily? *wink*

OP
zipur

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well either way the point of this post Is to suggest that we are in fact alone. That there are so many elements that has to come together at just the right proportion to allow life. Therefore life is much more precious than most people appreciate. I knew that when I posted this on an iPad forum the vast majority would be tech types and dump the thought. Therefore life on the sun can be imagined right. But the idea still remains we can be alone right?

Last edited:

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not so much the Sun or anywhere else in this Solar System, but in other systems containing planets in the "Goldilocks zone".

I'm more interested in life as we know it, rather than claims that a rock is alive, but in a way that I can't understand. That does not satisfy my curiosity.

Sent from my iPad 4 HD mini

Yocihope

iPF Noob
Reaction score
well I always think there're something else. Life is short and we should really take a good ride...

OP
zipur

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If a tree falls in the woods. Did I it really fall? All we see is a tree on the ground.
In any case we are talking circles so let's let the thread die.
Thanks that was fun.

windrider07

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Scientists have the tendency to argue with each other and refute each other so we will never know. Philosophically, we are all ignorant human beings who know absolutely nothing. We know ONLY what we've seen, what we've encountered, what we've experienced, and what we believe in. In other words, wisdom and knowledge is what have. In 3 years, scientists will discover something new and say something along the lines of "until now, this was completely impossible. but looking at the evidence we have found, it completely modifies the laws of blablabla and expands our knowledge on blablabla".

Personally, I believe anything is possible. Anything can happen. Other things can coexist along side our universe. There are people like Stephen Hawking, who, in my opinion, is a closed minded idiot who relies only on what he sees rather than being flexible. There are already scientists who say he contradicted himself a few times when he tried to theorize his own beliefs. "The universe can create itself out of nothing by simply pushing away from each other, not needing gravity" (something along those lines). Gravity is required in the law of physics ;)

OP
zipur

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
With that rain of thinking life is unneeded. Because life like time is our own measurement not a base element as far as the universe is concerned. Or since the universe is expanding ; the universe IS the true essence of life.

Most reactions