What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can Someone Tell Me....

Ultrimate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How to import pic without a camera kit..

How to import video.. Mpeg..or avi..

How to import mp3...

Thx in advance..

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
?? Sync the iPad to your computer.

Or for pics, you can email them to yourself, read the email on the iPad and then save the image.

wot_fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To learn how to get pictures and MP3s on your iPad, I recommend you check out the iPad User Manual. It has a lot of good info for new users.

As for AVIs and MPEGs, unfortunately the iPad can't natively play them. You can either convert them to an iPad friendly format with a program like Handbrake or you can stream them using an iPad app like AirVideo (highly recommend).

Good luck.

wot_fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey that air video looks cool, I'm dl'in the free version now!!
IMHO, it is one of the best iPad apps. Being able to stream my whole video library (currently 2+TB) to my iPad over my local network is great. Being able to stream it over the internet is even better :D.

OP
Ultrimate

Ultrimate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, I hooked it up, was even able to transfer thru wifi, what's cool is after vids are converted u don't need to have pc or Mac on at all!

What's the main diff. Between free version a full version? Should I spring the few dollars and get the full version?

wot_fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It came highly recommended from a friend so I popped for the paid version right away. I therefore don't know what limitations are on the free version. Maybe one of our fine members will chime in and explain the differences.

If the free version meets your needs, I see no reason to pay for the full version ;).

OP
Ultrimate

Ultrimate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I was wrong, u r not able to view files after they are converted if your pc or Mac is off.. do u know if there is a way to transfer the converted files to the video folder? So I can view when my pc is not on?

Rlanger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Free version of air video will only stream a few files. If you want unlimited streaming you have to pay. Well worth it as this app works extremely well.

OP
Ultrimate

Ultrimate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yes but does the FULLversion allow me to watch the video files without the pc (where the video files are) having to be ON??? I mean, after i convert files I would like to transfer them to video file on ipad so I can watch anytime, without pc being on!!!

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yes but does the FULLversion allow me to watch the video files without the pc (where the video files are) having to be ON???
I don't know what is so hard to understand about this. AirVideo streams files from your computer so it needs to be on. Your computer is actually playing the video and sending it to your iPad over your network.

I mean, after i convert files I would like to transfer them to video file on ipad so I can watch anytime, without pc being on!!!
You just answered your own question! Open iTunes and add the converted video file to your library and sync your iPad. Then you can watch it any time you want without connecting to your computer.

Most reactions

Latest posts