What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can someone recommend a simple wifi finder and connecter

globalmark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
I have just received a New Ipad 3- first one so bit of a Beginner (but a Mac user so not to bad)

I am Looking for a simple Wifi finder , something that just shows a list of the networks in range and a Connect Button ?
I have downloaded several i have found but they all have off line lists , telling me stuff not in range and maps etc - all i want is something simple that scan's ,shows list and has connect button .
bit like "WiFinder" on Android (sorry had android phone)

I know I can get this list and connect through the settings manual - but that only shows half of the networks in my range . I know this as my Macbook pro and android phone show more. I also don't want to have to go into the settings every time .. so any suggestions would be appriciated .
It could be Just me being a beginner also with the other wi-fi apps I tried so if you suggest a more complicated one can you just give me a very short explanation how i can scan and connect ..

I currently have my own wifi at home also.

Thanks all Mark

Slimseven

iPF Noob
Reaction score
globalmark said:
Hi
I have just received a New Ipad 3- first one so bit of a Beginner (but a Mac user so not to bad)

I am Looking for a simple Wifi finder , something that just shows a list of the networks in range and a Connect Button ?
I have downloaded several i have found but they all have off line lists , telling me stuff not in range and maps etc - all i want is something simple that scan's ,shows list and has connect button .
bit like "WiFinder" on Android (sorry had android phone)

I know I can get this list and connect through the settings manual - but that only shows half of the networks in my range . I know this as my Macbook pro and android phone show more. I also don't want to have to go into the settings every time .. so any suggestions would be appriciated .
It could be Just me being a beginner also with the other wi-fi apps I tried so if you suggest a more complicated one can you just give me a very short explanation how i can scan and connect ..

I currently have my own wifi at home also.

Thanks all Mark

Called simply , wifi- finder. Hope it helps

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi global...looks like Slimseven gave you some good info!

Welcome to the iPadForum! This Forum offers so much information related to the iPad (original-New), Acessories, Apps, Help, and Apple News.

The iPadForum also includes a Regional Ipad Group for international users across the world. This is a wonderful area to "find" members from your own country.
Regional iPad Groups

If you have not done so, please take a look at the iOS 5.0 and 5.1:
iTunes - Books - iPad User Guide for iOS 5 by Apple Inc.
iTunes - Books - iPad User Guide for iOS 5.1 by Apple Inc.

Finally, please do not forget to read the Rules!
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

OP
G

globalmark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi Slimsteven

Thanks for that - however cannot find Wifi- finder on Apps store ,
I have found Wi-Fi Finder, Free Wifi Finder, WiFi HD free - but none seem to list the networks in Range (now it could be me - but i just cannot see how to SCAN )
the Wi-Fi Finder just comes up with stuff 1.61klm away and I know they don't exist as I live in a block of units .. I also cannot see my network , my neighbours or any of the other ones listed in the settings panel and on my mac book pro ..
it does not even Show My Network ????

Think it's me - so if anyone know of how i can search with these programs or suggest another that would be great

Thanks Mark

Last edited:

Most reactions