What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can someone help me!!

mankinchi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Last night, while playing Fiona's Gardening HD on Ipad, i felt sleepy. So I pressed power button and went to sleep without ending my game. This morning, I woke up and I realized that I can't turn on my IPAD anymore. I tried to press home button and power button but nothing come up. It's not out of battery, I can be sure about that because when I went to sleep, my ipad had more than 70% battery. And I tried to charge and plug in my computer, too. But nothing happen. Can anyone help me, please!!!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No need to panic - all is OK...just time for a reboot!!!

Hold the Power and Home buttons down at the same time for a long time - could be 20 seconds - until the white Apple logo appears. Have faith, if your battery is OK, then that logo *will* appear! The iPad will then reboot - takes a while, so good opportunity to make yourself a cup of coffee or tea - and you'll be back to normal....it's not a problem unless this happens frequently. You're only rebooting so nothing is lost - no apps, data, videos, music - it will all be there after the reboot.

Good Luck...

Tim

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Plugging it into the computer for a few minutes may not give the iPad enough charge to start. Plug it into it's own charger for an hour or two, then give Tim's suggestion a try.

Some things said by other users have long make me suspect that some types of apps, those that have a constant connection to a server, may not completely shut down when you tap the power/sleep button. You have to actually close the app using the home button. I really should test that some day, but since it would take a lot of time and probably only happens on a few apps I've been too lazy to try.

Most reactions

Latest posts