What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can iPad see this video ACTUALLY no lag?

luckystrike

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This one.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoA9M8Wobfg"]YouTube - (HD) ????? ??????????[/ame]

Don't forget turn on 720p HD.
You can check if lag occurres with outside view.

Thanks!

Last edited:

GrendelPrime

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Playing at full screen had no discernible lag, but the option to watch at different resolutions was not available.
At fullscreen, the video lacked the usual blurriness associated with upscaled, lower resolution videos, so I believe it was at 720.

Connected via Wifi while playing.

ayerbusiness

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I would definitely say that the iPad can see the video without lag but it also depends on the connection of your router if you have Wifi.

spinfreak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Playing at full screen had no discernible lag, but the option to watch at different resolutions was not available.
At fullscreen, the video lacked the usual blurriness associated with upscaled, lower resolution videos, so I believe it was at 720.

Ditto

And I liked the video just because I love trains. I'm only a few blocks from a freight train line and I love hearing them go by, while other people complain about tnem. Lol

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Liked the video, but lag is going to be based on service speed.

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great video along Japans rail transportration. I didn't detect any delay. The pause sequences were seamless. I would like to know what camera was used

Last edited:

CPMS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No lag here either (via home wifi). I'm on Time Warner roadrunner in Honolulu and I think they just upgraded our system. I was getting over 20megs download the other night, used to be only 10-15 at best. Guess that should help huh?

Love the Japan scenery by the way, notice how there's zero graffiti anywhere along the train's route. Pretty much the same in their big cities too, at least when I was there a few years back.

Pittphan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can view the vid in full HD on my iPad. Looks perfect, loaded and played instantly. There was nil lag and never once buffered.

I have fios 25meg with Verizon router.

The iPad is simply magical... In spite of any and every short coming it may have.:ipad-peacock:

OP
L

luckystrike

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I dont have iPad so unfortunatley I have no idea how we can change resolutions option. But it seems that you are watching it with 720p resolutions.
I don't have an iPad but I have enjoyed the movie very much. Would I be right to assume it was filmed in Japan?
Yep, the line called "Enoden". Traveling this area.
??????????
Looks great to me.
Well, I would definitely say that the iPad can see the video without lag but it also depends on the connection of your router if you have Wifi.
No noticeable lag.
No lag. Only buffering on my 2.5 Meg connection.
Great video along Japans rail transportration. I didn't detect any delay. The pause sequences were seamless. I would like to know what camera was used
Thank you for everyone taking time to check it out. The poster of this video says his/her camera is SONY HC1.

I find direct link for HD 720p. I don't surely know this link affect any change for iPad browsin youtube though. (For reference).
YouTube - (HD) ????? ??????????

No lag here either (via home wifi). I'm on Time Warner roadrunner in Honolulu and I think they just upgraded our system. I was getting over 20megs download the other night, used to be only 10-15 at best. Guess that should help huh?

Love the Japan scenery by the way, notice how there's zero graffiti anywhere along the train's route. Pretty much the same in their big cities too, at least when I was there a few years back.
Yes it helps to check iPad's playing ability.
I can view the vid in full HD on my iPad. Looks perfect, loaded and played instantly. There was nil lag and never once buffered.

I have fios 25meg with Verizon router.

The iPad is simply magical... In spite of any and every short coming it may have.:ipad-peacock:
Thanks for your time.

I have heard that most of all netbook(atom) cant play 720p youtube w/o any lag and even on my laptop, which is loaded with dual core 2GHz and VGA chipset DXVA enabled , and installed Flash 10.1 , can't play 720p with 0% laging. Strangely this laptop plays 720p and even 1080p with the system usage 50% left. :confused:

From this point of view the youtube app installed on iPad is astounding well made , on the other hand Flash player is not well tuned up for video playing. Besides, the CPU equipped in the iPad doesn't have higher power than intel's atom has. It's interesting.

Philippe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
*tear*

My 64GB wifi-only freezes at 0:02, and I am not exaggerating... I have no idea what it is I did but YouTube has been just horrendous this week. It might have to do with the fact that my computer died... I'm unable to preform syncs anymore and I've been using my Pad for everything. The damn comp decides to die right before the iOS 4.2 comes out... lol

But yea, me discontinuing syncs seems to coincide somewhat with YouTube getting super laggy, could they be related? And I've tried to drop the resolution, it helps but not by much. Sometimes I will wait for a good 15 minutes for the vid to load, and the progress bar will suddenly decide to move BACKWARDS. It's damned annoying.

Edit: it's probably my home's wifi source that's at the root of the problem, more so than the iPad itself. My roommate was having connectivity problems of his own and he preformed a reset of the internet box thingy. It's doing much better now, the vid is no longer lagging.

Last edited:

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Youtube has been crap for me for the last 2 months. It takes 10 minutes to load a 2 minute lowest resolution possible video. That's on my computer and my iPad.

Most reactions