What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

can i upgrade?

rorschach23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i currently have a 32g wifi only iPad. i was wondering if i could somehow upgrade to the 3g version thru apple w/o having to sell my currnet iPad thru ebay or w/e. any help would b awsome.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You have 30 days to exchange any purchase...so if the 3G is out within 30 days you could swap it out and pay the difference.

Rasputina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought mine at the Apple store and the return date is printed on the receipt. And yes it's 2 weeks.

macmaniac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i currently have a 32g wifi only iPad. i was wondering if i could somehow upgrade to the 3g version thru apple w/o having to sell my currnet iPad thru ebay or w/e. any help would b awsome.

yes you can!!!!

I did and they refunded me 74o for my 64 GB wifi and put a fresh order for wifi+3g 64 gb model.

be Honest, Straight forward and Polite!!!! it is totally up to the customer care guy to charge you 10 % restocking fee and give you free shipping back to apple.
I did I did not pay any restocking fee and he send me a Fedex shipping lebel in my mail so that way I dont have to spend anything and could use wifi for 2 weeks.

Go for 3g model you will never regret it.
Another thing tell the Apple guy that you are an student and saved money for ipad for so many month .....lol
he will show mercy.....

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
used to be 30 days.

I bought the iPod Touch 1G and a few weeks later the 2G came out, they exchanged it without a fee.

Rasputina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just turn off the 3g except when you need it, battery usage solved.

iserian

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Agreed

From someone who has several laptops with built in 3G cards I can tell you my experience even without using the 3G connection I saw a battery drain. Not saying it will be tremendous as only time will ( not specialiation but actual real world use when the 3G is released). If you can't swing a mifi solution a 3G pad is the only real option IMO.

traylorc

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Agreed

From someone who has several laptops with built in 3G cards I can tell you my experience even without using the 3G connection I saw a battery drain. Not saying it will be tremendous as only time will ( not specialiation but actual real world use when the 3G is released). If you can't swing a mifi solution a 3G pad is the only real option IMO.

I agree that there will be a drain using 3g, however, let's hope that some proactive 3g management will keep the drain to a minimum. As you said, only time will tell.

Most reactions

Latest posts