What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can i store itunes on a memory stick to use on any pc?

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HI I have an 8gb memory card (can get bigger if necessary) in a USB stick. I don't use a pc with my iPad but am waiting for the day it has all been wiped and says connect to iTunes, fingers crossed it does not! So am I able to install iTunes onto a memory stick and sync my iPad to it, but then at a later date move the same dongle to another pc and still sync, so therefore nothing is left on the host computer for instance if I did it at the library.
Can you think of a better way. I don't always get access to wifi and if I do it's another open network so not secure. I use 3G only and have not used cloud because I have no wifi access for long enough period of time.
Please any help or suggestions?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
therealriley said:
HI I have an 8gb memory card (can get bigger if necessary) in a USB stick. I don't use a pc with my iPad but am waiting for the day it has all been wiped and says connect to iTunes, fingers crossed it does not! So am I able to install iTunes onto a memory stick and sync my iPad to it, but then at a later date move the same dongle to another pc and still sync, so therefore nothing is left on the host computer for instance if I did it at the library.
Can you think of a better way. I don't always get access to wifi and if I do it's another open network so not secure. I use 3G only and have not used cloud because I have no wifi access for long enough period of time.
Please any help or suggestions?

I'm afraid that you can't store your iTunes account on a memory stick to use on any convenient computer.
His page explains about authorized computers and your iTunes account.
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1420.
Only authorized computers can synch with your iPad.

Most reactions