What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can I run a synth app and record it in Auria at the same time

mmaclean

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
I just bought my first iPad (4 WiFi 64gb) especially to use Auria. 1st question can I run a synth app and record it in Auria at the same time?
or do I need 2 iPads? I bought the most recommended interface the PreSonus 1818VSL, that has been disappointing, at the end of the day I want 24 mic inputs, running at 24bit 96khz for 5.1 surround sound DVD production, The 8 mic inputs you get with the PreSonus can do that, but if you gang 2 together via the ADAT the sample rate drops to 44khz, and you can only gang 2 not 3 together. I am looking into getting the MOTU 24 IO, but as far as I know nobody has tested it for compatability. Any ideas?

ZenLizard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can't record a synth app to Auria – yet – on the same device. It may be just a matter of time before Auria is integrated with Audiobus, the one app which will allow you to do it. I've found that most developers will tell you if they have plans to implement the Audiobus SDK sooner, later, or not at all, so I suggest you ask the developer of Auria about it. I can't give you any input on your other question, I'm afraid. I still use a desktop DAW for serious recording. I will probably port over to iPad eventually for the convenience.

(Most synth apps at least allow you to record in-app, and then audio copy your recordings for pasting into other apps – a less than desirable method in my opinion – but it may be the only method for the time being)

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts