What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

can i download and use internet explorer....

Status
Not open for further replies.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome, from Cali! The iPad doesn't support flash ~ but there are some workarounds such as Skyfire or Puffin.

Most are sluggish and unpredictable, unfortunately.

Reaction score
I've found Puffin to be the least flaky for Flash but it is a battery hog.
One thing to consider is most of the sites I need Flash for have an app that works great on my Ipad, avoiding the whole browser experience.

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from my Inc

Paul_NC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Want to purchase the ipad2, but it doesent support flash. Can I download internet explorer and use it?

No offense, but it sounds like you may not fully understand what the iPad platform is like. It's very, very different from Windows. You cannot use software made for Windows on it. You can only use programs made specifically for iOS, purchased/obtained through iTunes.

So no, you can't use IE. However there are many alternate web browsers available. Unfortunately Flash is not supported (directly) and probably never will be. So if Flash support is very important to you, then the iPad may not serve your purposes.

Good luck.

Last edited:

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
you could use remote desktop by mocha soft which allows you to remotely login into your windows pc, obviously pointless if your sat at home, but if you really need to access your files away from home, or whatever then it could come in useful, only problem is that you will be limited by connection speed

icouldsave.co.uk - help save money and the planet!

Mac.World

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Splashtop is a great remote desktop app for 3 bucks.

Or wait for the new Samsung Galaxy 10.1 to be released. Looks to be the best Android tablet thus far, with the thinness and weight of the iPad 2. (actually a gram lighter!)

Last edited:

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Falmuaigel said:
How can I download Internet explorer in to I pad 2

If you read the fourth post in this thread you will see that you can't download IE to the iPad. So we will now close this thread.

The Archangel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions