What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can anyone suggest a app that allows you to save locations, photos etc for Camping?

SkyStudio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

I purchased over 7 silly apps that offered mapping, photos, parking locations management and camp site info, what i am trying to find is a simple map where i can park my car, park my bike, save the locations of several vehicles, spots camping etc, map, date, even allow me to take a photo,

-Every app i found for parking only provides on saved car,
-Other GPS like services do NOT allow you to take photos, just google map acces.

I so far have been using MINDNOTES, this is a great app, now suports the iPad 2, lets you take fotos, location service to ping where you made your note, calendar export as a event to schedule your note, but its not all in one switching between calendars and mindnotes.

is there anything out there yet that allows multiple mapping and photos of places you want to map or remember?

Thanks

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am not completely sure what you are looking for. Are you expecting to use the camera in the iPad2... or do you take much better photos with a nice digital camera, and then just load them via the camera kit adapter. That works slick by the way. The Photo main program automatically sorts by date and it makes for easy selection and review alone with slideshow.

I have a Mi-Fi router from Verizon so the internet is available anywhere I am in range just like a cellphone. That is my main internet scheme at home as well, as we divorced the Landline phone system some time ago.

Calendars are also built in ... and it is just a matter of learning how to use them. Google maps are readily available and we included Weather app just for peace of mind during our travels.

OP
SkyStudio

SkyStudio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here is what I want to do, I want to mark places I parked my car, save the locations with photos, notes and details to parking rules, this way I can also add other places like friends fav camping sites etc.

GlenL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have an iPad2 with 3G/GPS or iPhone4, then download the free app EverNote, which lets you take photos with GPS stamp and let's you search it. Since it's a note taking app, you can also take notes, record sound files and incorporate photos into them. I would research more into being do all that without Internet connection if you're going to be camping though.

Reaction score
I have an app on my Android phone called Geo Reader that would be exactly what you want and is supposed to be available for Apple but it must be under another name because I don't see it on the app store yet. I'll post back if I find it . You can make your own gps way points including photos
I found a couple that may work. One is called Notekeeper (.99) , the other called GPSed ,which has a free version to try it out.
Hope that helps

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from my Incpad

Last edited:
OP
SkyStudio

SkyStudio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No geo reader as far as my search went, about to try evernote again, I started it up before and thought the free one did not offer much , at least at first impression.

Mental notes allows you to use location services, take a photo and put it in the calendar, but I have to fiddle more with it.

Love this forum btw, thanks

Mental notes

Sent from my iPad2 wifi 3G using iPF

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts