What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can anyone Skype with video on the iPad2?

Mark4777

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have downloaded the app for the iPhone, (not the iPad, because I can't find one) and there is no place within the app to do a video call? I went to their website, and clicked where it says download now, and it puts the app on iPad that I already tried and since uninstalled. FaceTime works great, but no Skype? Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
You should be able to just make a normal call from within Skype and than once the voice chat starts, it gives you an option to change it to Video Call.

If you aren't given this option on your Skype version, than a reboot (pressing the power button for 5 sec. than slide to power off) is advisable.

The Walrus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
I've been following the forum for some time though this is the first time participating::)

I have a question on Skype: does the Ipad 2 have a microphone for calls?

Thanks.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, I've used video chat on my iPad 2 without problem, both domestically and overseas.

Herrflik

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Both facetime and skype work fine for me on the ipad2. Wish there was a true ipad version of skype though. I hate zooming 'compatible with iPad' apps :p

iomega311

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Works great for me! :) I am sure there will be an iPad version eventually. Just hope the whole Microsoft buyout doesn't slow that down.

The Walrus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Excellent, thanks.
I do have an Ipad 2 already. I'm getting the hang of it, since I'm not and Apple person; although I started in computers with and Apple IIe. But that was a very long time ago.:)

htowngator

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, but its really not very good, unfortunately. You are basically looking at an iPhone app that they enlarged to fit so it is very granular and pixelated.

madameJ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Works for me too, but if you download Tango you can FaceTime with someone that doesn't have an iPad and use your reversible cam.

Most reactions