What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Camera, FaceTime and Photobooth disappear

MisterT01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Every time I sync my google calendars to my iPad using m.google.com, camera, FaceTime and photo booth disappear. They do not come up in a search. I have restored factory setting 4 times and they come back. I am reluctant to try to sync again, because that definitely seems to the point at which they disappear.

OP
M

MisterT01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MisterT01 said:
Every time I sync my google calendars to my iPad using m.google.com, camera, FaceTime and photo booth disappear. They do not come up in a search. I have restored factory setting 4 times and they come back. I am reluctant to try to sync again, because that definitely seems to the point at which they disappear.

It's happened again. No camera, facetime or photo booth. Please help...

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but I have no idea. A restore is about as far as you can go for user repair.

I recommend you call Apple Tech Support. If you are still within 90 days of your purchase this should be free. Or take it into an Apple Store if you have one nearby. Set up an appointment first for better service.

OP
M

MisterT01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MisterT01 said:
It's happened again. No camera, facetime or photo booth. Please help...

Just noticed the reset options in the general settings. What will happen if I do this? Will I lose data? Is it worth a try?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
What part of the world are you in? Those applications are "banned" in some parts of the world from what I understand, and a sync with iTunes will therefore remove them from a stock install.

I am not 100% sure, but I think the last time I heard of this is was in the UAE or close by... I could be wrong though.

OP
M

MisterT01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:

That is rather interesting. I am in Australia, no banning here! Discovered that it was an obscure setting in the control panel of work's Google Apps domain that Google added as extra security without advising anyone. Work has turned it off and I've got my camera etc. back. Yay!

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes this is an Enterprise Security Setting. Some companies do not allow the camera to be used in their Enterprise deployments and this is controlled through their configuration.

-t

kalexakis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It just happened to me also. went in to speak to a genius and he did not know.
how do we bring back camera?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
As the earlier post suggested, if your iPad is administered by your employer, they can turn off FaceTime and the camera.

Otherwise, the settings to turn off FaceTime and the camera can be found in Settings > General > Restrictions. You'll need the four digit passcode from whoever set restrictions on iPad in the first place. The only way around that is to restore the device (an not from a backup).

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
As the earlier post suggested, if your iPad is administered by your employer, they can turn off FaceTime and the camera.

Otherwise, the settings to turn off FaceTime and the camera can be found in Settings > General > Restrictions. You'll need the four digit passcode from whoever set restrictions on iPad in the first place. The only way around that is to restore the device (an not from a backup).

Yes, we have to remember that when we are given devices to be used for business purposes by our employers and the devices BELONG to our employers - they can set restrictions as they see fit. AND they can also monitor your use which also means use with care. My two cents. ;)

Most reactions