What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Camera connection kit third party or apple brand?

HolyWolve

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everybody,
I'm a little much new on this forum so I don't know if this kind of topic already exists but, I have been thinking a couple of weeks about buying a camera connection kit because it's nice to have that buddy on my side in the studio etc.
I have seen that there are much third party products that are more than half cheaper than that apple brand connection kit, but is there a difference in quality between the two?
Is it true the apple connection kit reads faster than the third party products?
And is the price difference between them worth it?

Grts, HW

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use a cheap one from eBay, and have had no issues with it. Does what its supposed to do. There is loads to choose from when I was choosing it was mainly whether I should buy one with an AV port or not, I've opted for the cheapest 5 in 1 card reader I could find and am ordering the hdmi lead separately or getting it for free off one of my sites.
I have a thread on here with loads of gadgets on and I did a quick review of my camera connection kit here: http://www.ipadforums.net/tech-sect...sions/74690-ipad-gadgets-endless-list-10.html

If your using the forum app, you can also search for: iPad gadgets endless list :to get to it.
I have so far only used it for uploading my camera images to my iPad but speed is no real problem, it's fairly a quick process depends how many your copying I suppose.
Il give you a tip though, shop around on eBay and amazon. The one I got was 20p extra and I got a nice stylus that came with it. It was all for less than £4 including delivery.
Hope this helps.

Most reactions

Latest posts