What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Camera app won't open - any help?

Puravida

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My camera lens doesn't open on the camera app.. The front camera works on Skype & face time, but 50% of the time on photo booth. The rear camera has stopped working on all apps. It's an iPad 2 and I've been using it without incident for 2 months. I live in Costa Rica.. HELP!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Have you tried a restart or reset?

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

OP
P

Puravida

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've tried restart, I've reset, I've tried it all... I don't know what else I can do. It was fine since I bought the IPad 3 months ago, than one morning camera front or won't work?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sounds like you should call Apple tech support, or take it to an Apple store if you have one close. You may have a hardware issue.

aCaDiAlalala

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, the cameras for the iPad are not that good of quality, so you shouldn't expect it to work PERFECTLY. But, if it's really annoying you, you can:
*go into your local app store and maybe they can fix it
*call apple customer service (the numbers online at apple.com)
or *if u really can't get it to work, use your insurance and see if they can get u a new iPad

OP
P

Puravida

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do I find out about Apple insurance? I bought the iPad2 over eBay seller 2 months ago and had it sent to costa rica. I don't have a recite and didn't buy any insurance. Is it too late to buy insurance? Where do I go to find out? My camera is still not working it's making me crazy since it worked perfectly before...

Ronfromcocoa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do I find out about Apple insurance? I bought the iPad2 over eBay seller 2 months ago and had it sent to costa rica. I don't have a recite and didn't buy any insurance. Is it too late to buy insurance? Where do I go to find out? My camera is still not working it's making me crazy since it worked perfectly before...
I have had my camera for one month and the lens opens when it feels like it. I have also tried EVERYTHING that there is and no luck. Yesterday I closed my face time and my lens worked all day today. Probably just a freak thing but I guess anything is worth a try at this point for you. I am in Baghdad,Iraq so I also am stuck. Good Luck, Ron

Most reactions

Latest posts