What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Calendar events

johanndn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a problem that when I schedule an event on my iPhone or on Mac, it syncs the events through icloud that are scheduled as full day events, for the correct day, but also for the following day. It seems it is only the ipad that has this problem.

Any solution please ?

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is the time zone set correctly in the iPad settings app ? Go to settings/general/date & time to check and adjust if necessary.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
J

johanndn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, yes, set to auto, and it shows Cape Town

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Look at your settings in Mails, Contacts, Calendars - Calendars - Time Zone Support. Turn it off, if it's enabled.

OP
J

johanndn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, I did so. It was turned on. You think this will solve the problem?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I hope so.
Force close the Calendar app and look at it once more. Or create a new event somewhere else and let it sync to the iPad. Then we'll see whether or not it helped.

OP
J

johanndn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, will do so quickly and report back

OP
J

johanndn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nope, problem is still there. I created a full day event on my mac, and it synced to the ipad over two days

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Check the same settings on your Mac as you did on the iPad. You'll find the date and time zone settings in Date & Time in System Preferences. The Time Zone support can be found in the Calendar apps' preferences under the Advanced tab.

OP
J

johanndn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Time zone support on the mac calendar preferences is also turned off, and the time zone on the mac and the ipad is exactly the same, although Mac is my hometown, and ipad is Cape Town- some 1700 km apart, bit still the same time zone. We have only one time zone in South Africa

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm mostly out of ideas then.

But, just for the extra data point. Check your Calendar at icloud.com in a computer browser. Is the appointment correct there?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
One other thing. Are both the iPad and Mac connecting through the same wi-fi network when you create the appointment? Not that I can think of any reason this should make a difference.

OP
J

johanndn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, both comnecting through the same wifi network

Most reactions