What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Calendar does not allow entries since update

bjlocklear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello! I have an ipad that is about a year old. Since the update to 5.01, my calendar stopped working. It was still synched to icloud just fine after the OS 5 update- and now all the entries are wiped. Plus, most annoyingly- the + sign to add entries is gone. So, basically, my calendar is useless.
All this , thankfully has not affected my iphone 4 or my calendar on there (knock on wood).
Things I have tried so far: basic resetting, letting battery run empty and recharge, tapping on different months, turning icould calendar off, then back on; restoring the ipad.
NOTHING has worked.
Any suggestions? Other than buying an ipad 2....

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Only some questions, and suggestions depending on your answers.

When you turned the Calendar off, did you select Delete? (it won't delete the synced stuff already on iCloud). And did you open the Calendar app to make sure all entries clear before turning it back on?

I've found those details help when clearing a calendar problem.

Also, when you restored the iPad, did you do a clean restore, or did you then restore from a backup? Sometimes you can put the problem right back on the iPad using the backup. Inconvenient as it is, you may have to do a clean restore and put everything back manually.

Be sure to save off all important pictures, documents and other files first.

herdingr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have exactly the same problem with my iphone 3G. I upgrades from os4 to os5.01. Nice OS so far except that I cannot make a calendar entry at all. There is no plus sign to click on. Very annoying. Anybody got a fix? Can I back off to OS4 perhaps? I usually wait at least until the first .1 release before upgrading anything. I guess this will teach me. Anybody have any ideas?

Hello! I have an ipad that is about a year old. Since the update to 5.01, my calendar stopped working. It was still synched to icloud just fine after the OS 5 update- and now all the entries are wiped. Plus, most annoyingly- the + sign to add entries is gone. So, basically, my calendar is useless.
All this , thankfully has not affected my iphone 4 or my calendar on there (knock on wood).
Things I have tried so far: basic resetting, letting battery run empty and recharge, tapping on different months, turning icould calendar off, then back on; restoring the ipad.
NOTHING has worked.
Any suggestions? Other than buying an ipad 2....

herdingr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cannot Make Calendar Entries After Upgrade to OS 5.01

Another member in a similar thread discovered that if he went to Settings > iCloud and turned on the Calendar and Contacts syncing his calendar started working properly again.

I know this is an iPad forum, but this solution worked to fix my iPhone 3GS issue where after the os4x > os5.01 upgrade I could no longer make calendar entries. I turned on Calendar in Settings > iCloud, and the + sign instantly re-appeared in my calendar allowing me to merrily create calendar entries at will.

OP
B

bjlocklear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
herdingr said:
I have exactly the same problem with my iphone 3G. I upgrades from os4 to os5.01. Nice OS so far except that I cannot make a calendar entry at all. There is no plus sign to click on. Very annoying. Anybody got a fix? Can I back off to OS4 perhaps? I usually wait at least until the first .1 release before upgrading anything. I guess this will teach me. Anybody have any ideas?

I had tried the synching of calendar and contacts before, and nothing- still a basically "dead" calendar. Today, in an act of desperation, I deleted iCloud of my iPad. Restarted- and guess what: the calendar is operable again. It's and empty calendar, mind you, but the plus sign is back. I will now re-apply iCloud and see what happens...

IT WORKED! I signed back in into iCloud, took a deep breath, and opened the calendar. It took a minute, during which the + sign shortly disappeared, then it and the box on the left giving me options for calendars etc reappeared.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thank you for sharing your experience. I'm wondering if turning the calendar off then on again would work. Guess we'll have to wait for the next person with the problem to give it a try.

Most reactions

Latest posts