What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

calendar app

Ingliside

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do you search in the apple calendar app for appointments before the present day that have been synced from google calendar ?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I wasn't aware that there was a difference between searching for google synced calendars and iCloud ones. I don't have any problems seeing older iCloud events. The list tends to show the next one, but scrolling up will show previous ones; if they exist.

Go to Settings > Calendars > Sync and make sure it's set to sync back as far as you want. It varies from 2 weeks to forever. Give it some time to catch up (or back). There isn't any setting that I know of on the iPad that would affect just Google calendars, so if this doesn't make any difference I can't think of anything that will.

In that case, you might end up having to visiting Google Calendars in Safari for this kind of thing. Hopefully you don't need to do it often.

OP
I

Ingliside

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tried the above without success. It won't find anything before today's date even events instigated from the apple app.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Make sure the Gmail calendar is turned on in your settings. If past events still don't show up, force close the app. Forcing calendars to sync might help as well: In the Calendar app, tap Calendars at the bottom, an pull it down. A spinning wheel will show that it's syncing again.

Most reactions

Latest posts