What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buying an England version ipad2 in France?

Barders

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HI,

I currently live in France, but sadly my French isn't what it should be. I am visiting the UK next week for a few days, so thought it would be an ideal opportunity to treat myself to the ipad2 I have been saving for.

However, I have searched on PC World and Argos on-line and the version I would like 32g (not the 3g though) are all out of stock, so am now wondering whether I will be able to get it at all while I am there (so disappointed as I have been really looking forward to getting it :()

I haven't got one here, as I assumed it would be in French, which would be impossible. But, just in case, I thought I would just ask if you can choose the language you want when you first buy one and start it up, or does it automatically go into the preprogramme language (in this case French) please?

Many thanks in advance for your assistance.

Lynne

OP
B

Barders

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Language

Hi, I did put this in 'Help', but nobody has come back with anything, so I thought I would try here as well, just in case someone knows the answer to my question.

If I buy a ipad2 in France, will it automatically load in French or it is there a way to change the language to English at the beginning?

Many thanks in advance for your assistance.

Lynne

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In 'Settings', 'General', 'International' you can change the language and the keyboard too, so that it supports the national characters. If you bought an iPad in France it would, I'm assuming, be initially set to French in International and with the French keyboard. You'd have to navigate your way through Settings to be able to turn it into English - so a little French would initially come in handy!!

I saw your original post but had hoped that someone with direct experience might have responded.

Tim

OP
B

Barders

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Many thanks Tim. I will try to get one in the UK next week, but if I am not successful, then at least I know I can change the language.

Hopefully I would be able to do it, with the help of an on-line translator!!

Thanks again for your assistance.

Lynne

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No problem and we have several fluent French-speaking Members if you have any trouble....

Bon soir...

Tim

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please do not cross post the same topic in 2 forums. You were too impatient - your two posts were only 6 hours apart.

I'm merging the two threads and moving the combined thread into the Help section, which is the right place for it.

OP
B

Barders

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK DM51, no problem, I can see from my 7 posts to date, actually make that 8 after this one, that I am still in a steep learning curve and will ensure that I do not repeat such a mistake again.

hollyro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
uk-france

hi- we are buying one here in the usa to take to our family in norway- there is an option to get the language you want. Also- consider getting the 3g- you dont have to activate it but it is at least there so you can get it in the future. The store we got ours at told me the non 3g are 6 mos back ordered. We have it - but dont use it....

OP
B

Barders

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks hollyro. That does make sense about getting a 3g one and it if is really going to be that much of a wait then I will see if I can save a bit more and get that one.

Thanks again.

Most reactions

Latest posts