What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Busted iPad (3rd time)! Anyone used this tough case before?

takuman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi people! My kids busted my iPad for the third time. I got the screen replaced 3 TIMES! I am tired of this and was scouting for a bullet proof case (well that doesn't exist) so I narrowed down to the Survivor Apparently its a good Military-Duty Case built with armored material that would protect the ipad even if my kids throw them on the ground...
Any reviews ?

Attachments

• 491A0.jpg
    491A0.jpg
    612.6 KB · Views: 804
  • ee.jpg
    ee.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 647

Wokiebear

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sounds like its time to replace the kids....seriously, maybe some supervision or time out is in order.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Also the Gumdrop cases are very good. A friend of mine bought one of those for his young son who is Autistic. Works great he says after many "drop test!"

But really, cracked screen 3 times...Yeeeesh!! I think I would have had 3 heart attacks if that happened to my iPad!!

Quizzer2093

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
diigtal-nexxus.ca
Cracked screen three times.. Knock on wood, never had a cracked screen, and I have dropped my iPad on pavement, cement, the floor. I used to nt have it in case but now I use the gumdrop one

Sent from my iPad (ios6 Beta2) using iPF

axis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Quizzer2093 said:
Cracked screen three times.. Knock on wood, never had a cracked screen, and I have dropped my iPad on pavement, cement, the floor. I used to nt have it in case but now I use the gumdrop one

Sent from my iPad (ios6 Beta2) using iPF

If my iPad is going to end up on the floor at some point in its life I want YOU to be the one to drop it Quizzer, a very lucky fellow indeed.

tekki

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use the survivor case and I love it, however I have never dropped my iPad. I spend a ton of time at baseball fields and with all the dust flying around it keeps it nice and clean. I would recommend the case.

axis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tekki said:
I use the survivor case and I love it, however I have never dropped my iPad. I spend a ton of time at baseball fields and with all the dust flying around it keeps it nice and clean. I would recommend the case.

Looks like I need to consider a more rugged case for outdoor use (I use a leather folio case), I hadn't really considered it but as I am a youth football (soccer) coach in my spare time I planned to take my iPad out in the field as a training aid (view video, show tactics, formations etc). I just know it will end up dropped or kicked about in the kit bag.

tekki

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To be honest I have the new iPad with the survivor case and I use it to score our baseball games with game changer app. I chose this case because it completely encloses the iPad, well almost completely to keep the baseball field dust out. It has kept the dust out great. I also have a playbook with a ballistic case, this case doesn't fully enclose the playbook but i feel the ballistic case would definitely protect my tablet if it was dropped because it has much thicker rubber corners just for that.

Google ballistic cases. I love both cases but for different reasons.

I hope this helps.

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You did not say whether you had to pay to replace the screen but apart from replacing the kids, as Wokiebear suggests :), would it not be better to give that ipad to them, buy yourself a new one and ban your new one from the kids?!

RW2112

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also use the survivor case. I have parkinson's and am prone to drop things on occasion so the gripiness <sp?> of the survivor helps me maintain my hold on it much better. I do also like how it is completely enclosed from things. Not dropped it yet but am sure the rubberized shell will protect it if I do.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
takuman said:
Hi people! My kids busted my iPad for the third time. I got the screen replaced 3 TIMES! I am tired of this and was scouting for a bullet proof case (well that doesn't exist) so I narrowed down to the Survivor Apparently its a good Military-Duty Case built with armored material that would protect the ipad even if my kids throw them on the ground...
Any reviews ?

I use the Survivor case myself. I've dropped it several times with absolutely no damage.

image-36525431.jpg

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe you need this case,it survived a fall from 100,000 feet with no damage to the iPad.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
T

takuman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks peeps! Forgot to mention, it was two iPads . You see I had one at first and my kid dropped it from the stroller face down on the pavement over a stone now that not only crack the screen it ripped the innards the shop couldnt get the parts.. Apple do not repair but does a 1 to 1 replacement with a fee! Over 400usd! I scrapped that iPad. Bought
Myself another one and my kid dropped it when sitting at the table . It fell hitting the floor corner first.. It cracked ... Apple service also won't repair and wanted to charge me
For replacement set.. So I replaced the screen at a small shop for 100 bucks.. And No more than a month later the little man was running with the iPad and fell... Lo and behold it cracked again!!!! Note that in between I changed several casing believing one was better than the other wtf!

Most reactions

Latest posts