What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BT speakers

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
For those looking for a quite small BT speaker (not dock) I thought I would mention Logitech's UE Mobile Boombox. I did a lot of research between it and Jambox, listened to both and found the Logitech UE a great value at $99. Its smaller, lighter, holds up well in sound--and its soft rounded corners are nice to pack if you choose. I find myself carrying it around all the time for Rhapsody, Pandora and Songza.

Diane B

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Boy, I've been traveling for years w/ portable speakers - first plugged in w/ a stereo mini adapter & then w/ an iPod dock station (my current one from Brookstone) - I have a nice set of Rockfish BT headphones that work great w/ my iPod and would love to upgrade to a set of BT portable speakers - seems that after looking @ the links provided that there is a big price-quality gap @ the moment; BUT, glad to join this thread to see what may pop up? Dave :)

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I liked my regular-size Jambox enough to buy a second one, which I've been using for maybe two years now. I liked those two well enough to use hotel rewards points to select a free Big Jambox, which I just got last week. I also have a Bose dock and a Sharp dock, both of which I also selected from various choices of rewards points (I can't remember, but I think those were credit card rewards).

If I were to lay out money and buy only one, it would be the regular-size Jambox if I wanted to limit my costs. If I could afford more, I'd go for the Big Jambox. The big one probably can be heard from space, lol. I can hear it even as I blow dry my hair.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Good to know. I was looking at these last week and have been meaning to buy. How do they work with your iDevices vs. your Android devices?

I have used these with my 4S and my Nexus 10...nothing else yet...but they work fine. I find music to be surprisingly good when using these with the 4S (I mostly listen to audiobooks on these, and I use other earbuds when washing the car). Frankly, I was NOT expecting good sounding music over bluetooth. Now one warning...if you put the phone down and walk away, they don't have much range -- 10 ft and you're shot... So, my phone is in my pocket when I'm using them and for my Nexus 10, I'm usually on my exercise bike watching netflix...so the phone is next to me on the table and the Nexus is in the book holder. :)

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have used these with my 4S and my Nexus 10...nothing else yet...but they work fine. I find music to be surprisingly good when using these with the 4S (I mostly listen to audiobooks on these, and I use other earbuds when washing the car). Frankly, I was NOT expecting good sounding music over bluetooth. Now one warning...if you put the phone down and walk away, they don't have much range -- 10 ft and you're shot... So, my phone is in my pocket when I'm using them and for my Nexus 10, I'm usually on my exercise bike watching netflix...so the phone is next to me on the table and the Nexus is in the book holder. :)

So how well do they work with phone calls?

I was looking at them and was stumped by there being several models of what looked like essentially the same headset, and I was too lazy to flip from item to item comparing, so I didn't order any of them.

NickyD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can try Kicker Amphitheater there's a bluetooth version of it.
Check this
, a bass test with this monster.

Last edited by a moderator:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, my 'newest' addition to travel speakers is the Bluetooth 'single' unit from Monster (picked up at a HUGE electronic store in Indianapolis this spring on a visit to our son), just under $100 - sound quality is good and volume fills small room; quite compact - more thorough description w/ reviewer comments on AMAZON HERE - have used only w/ my iPod (works well) - have not tried a phone (some negative comments on the link for that use) - Dave :)

731918.jpg

Most reactions