What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broken glass increased protection

Alphaomegasul

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Purchased iPad 2 wifi + 3G on 7-4-11. On 8-3-11. iPad slipped off my bed on to tile floor cracking the glass. I will bring it back to store where purchased and see if they will replace for free as I've read they have done for others.

iPad impacted the tile floor on a corner denting the aluminum back and cracking the glass in the same corner to about 3/8" from corner. iPad had no cover. Even with a cover, there is insufficient protection from a fall like this.

Does anyone know where I can buy a cover which will protect the iPad from falling on a corner or on the face of the glass.

Phatboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check out the Gumdrop Drop Tech case. It sells for $59.95 from Amazon and directly from Gumdrop, but CostCo is selling it right now for $44.95 until August 7th. And they're including 2 extra replacement covers in the bundle, each of which normally costs $15.95 each from Gumdrop.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/GumDrop-Drop-Tech-Apple-Black/dp/B004TA79MO/ref=sr_1_1?t=slickdeals&tag=slickdeals&ie=UTF8&qid=1312493508&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: GumDrop Drop Tech Series Case for Apple iPad 2, (Red/Black): Electronics[/ame]

Most reactions

Latest posts