What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

brightness

jimdd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Doesn't seem that the auto brightness works (or at least sufficiently), and I always have to manually reset it between outdoors day time and indoors night time. Does anyone know of a good shortcut for setting screen brightness without going to the settings panel?

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My auto brightness never seemed to function correctly either, so I shut it off. You can get to the brightness setting quickly by double clicking the home button and swiping all the way to the left, there is a slider bar there.

OP
J

jimdd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks!

Holy crap, is that convenient. Can't believe I never ran across it. Thanks!

Scrappy79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hold on....doesnt any one think that if you spend $500+, that a simple feature, that has worked in previous devices, should work when you set it. Why such complacency? HEY APPLE!!!! FIX THE AUTO BRIGHTNESS SO IT WORKS HOW IT IS SUPPOSED TO!!!

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine does sort of work, Because I use my Ipad mostly in dark lighting conditions, I had not noticed just how dim it can become in sunlight.

Mine seems to "Jerk" to full brightness, and then go a bit too dim....I reckon this is probably a software / battery issue which Apple will address in a OS update soon.

Can't say it bothers me that much though. Us musicians live in the dark :D

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine sort of works. I can tell it works by putting my finger in front of the light meter and watching whether the device brightens. But the brightness is never where I want it even then, so it's not much use.

Do you use a case that leaves the light meter clear enough to automatically adjust brightness?

With my iPad 1 and 2, touch and iPhone, brightness varies even when set to the apparently same setting across all devices. Goofy. So manual works better for me.

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Case

Mine sort of works. I can tell it works by putting my finger in front of the light meter and watching whether the device brightens. But the brightness is never where I want it even then, so it's not much use.

Do you use a case that leaves the light meter clear enough to automatically adjust brightness?

With my iPad 1 and 2, touch and iPhone, brightness varies even when set to the apparently same setting across all devices. Goofy. So manual works better for me.

Yes Black Leather, but like I said it's just not an issue for me as in dark lighting situations it's fine, I've never had to swipe or fiddle with it.

The other thing it seems to be over-sensitive to (I've been playing) is sudden light change, like a cloud going over the sun, it can't cope with that well at all.... Still happy with it though :)

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine works perfectly - remember the 'Autobrightness sensor' is that small, hardly noticed, 'hole' right at the top of the screen - diametrically opposed to the Home button - so don't cover it up...:D

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts