What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brand new iPad owner here

gatecitycanes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got my tax money today and headed down to the Apple store to buy an iPad and I still haven't put it down. The battery life is amazing on this thing. It's also the best typing experience I've had with a touch screen.

I'm no fan boy by any stretch. I've always used Windows machines and I have an Android phone (which I love). The only other Apple product I've ever had was the iPod Touch, which I liked just fine. I'm willing to give anything a whirl if it's good and even with the lofty expectations I had for the iPad I couldn't be happier.

I look forward to learning from you guys.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. The Government in the UK only ever takes money off me - no chance of me getting anything from them!! I think I need to emigrate.

You were obviously up very late at night having fun with your iPad too...

You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

Tim
Scotland

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First of all, welcome to the forum!

Good to hear from you. The Government in the UK only ever takes money off me - no chance of me getting anything from them!! I think I need to emigrate.

Tim, don't be in such a rush to pack your bags! On the surface it might seem like our government is giving away money, but here is what is actually happening... Taxes are automatically taken from your paycheck and that money goes to Washington. The problem is that the money is only an estimate of what you should end up owing at the end of the year. When you actually calculate your taxes, many people find that too much money has been taken from their paycheck and so what is happening is that the government is actually giving you back your money!

Clear as mud, eh?

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got my tax money today and headed down to the Apple store to buy an iPad and I still haven't put it down. The battery life is amazing on this thing. It's also the best typing experience I've had with a touch screen.

I received the iPad as a gift, and went from total apathy to addiction as well. It's now replaced my laptop as the travelling device of choice because of its portability and versatility - so far, I've already flown enough miles with it to go around the Earth.

iPadOhana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tax $$ is a great thing. That's how I got mine. Too bad next year I'll be paying out the nose. But I'll have my iPad to comfort me then ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Once you play with an iPad for a while you get to realise how revolutionary it is.
Thats just the result of portability, instant on/off, instant connectivity and a great battery life.
Simple really.

Overheard my wife, who's a lifelong luddite and computer hater, talking to my daughter about the iPad2!

(crossing fingers very, very tightly)

Most reactions