What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brand NEW ipad 2 and it wont go past the apple screen

kronnic4130

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Howdy,

Last night I purchased a brand new iPad 2 along with a clear cover for protection on the screen.

I fitted the screen and charged the iPad over night as friends told me to do. When turning it on this morning it has been stuck on the black and silver apple screen and wont go any further. I did a hard reset (hold down on/off button and home button) which reset it. When I turned it on again the silver apple showed up then the screen fuzzed (random lines came up as if it was reseting) and then the silver apple came back up. After 10 mins of it sitting on this screen again I turned it off and connected it to the computer. Once again apple screen and NOTHING MORE.

Can anyone assist me with a procedure to try OR should I return it?

Cheers

Redneck_Randy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Something is not right there with that iPad. I would return it and get a replacement.

OP
K

kronnic4130

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey Rambler

Putting it into DFU Mode made something happen... currently in progress of updating the iOS. Will let you know the outcome.

Redneck_Randy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
:( Bummer Broken right out of the box. Don't let it make you change your mind about the iPad. It' s a great product. I just bought a new home theater amp a couple months back, was DOA out of the box and this is a very high end amp. "Anthem A5" It just happens sometimes with products.

Bingoldsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Some how or another I've missed the steps where you first plug a brand new iPad into the computer which is running the latest version of iTunes, with is the normal (absolutely essential) initialization step... activation, registration, initialization.

Am I wrong, or did you not do the above?

Brian - Sent from my iPad using iPF

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Some how or another I've missed the steps where you first plug a brand new iPad into the computer which is running the latest version of iTunes, with is the normal (absolutely essential) initialization step... activation, registration, initialization.

Am I wrong, or did you not do the above?

I am wondering if the newer Ipads have the IOS 5 already installed. If that is the case, would they still need to directly hook up to itunes via the PC using the USB cord for activation?

Steve333

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My two week old iPad came with the latest o.s. installed and I didn't have to connect it to the computer. In fact it has never been connected to the computer for anything.

OP
K

kronnic4130

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I cant even get it to go past the apple screen when you press the on button. Sadly error code 1611 and 1603 have come up telling me to restore the unit. I plan to take it back today after speaking to apple tech.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's a bummer-as a Randy said earlier, don't let this tarnish your opinion of the ipad. Just think of it as a hiccup that you have to get to this wonderful device! Let us know when you have your new one!

Best Wishes!:)

OP
K

kronnic4130

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just got off the phone from apple tech who said "1611 is a Hardware fault and the unit needs to be returned".

tazz3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
just get a new one and be done with it. there is something wrong with it. you payed a lot of money for this thing get what you paid for :) so go get the new one lol and let us know

Bingoldsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My apologies for offering bad information about the iPad having to be connected to the computer and iTunes for initial startup of a new unit. I have the iPad 2 (4.3.3 originally) and the iPhone4 (4.2.something, originally), and both of them HAD to be initialized with the computer and iTunes. I guess I figured things don't change over time... or something stoopid like that.

Most reactions

Latest posts