What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bought the new ipad for few days...upgraded to IOS 6-_-

michael98764

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry guys..should have done some researches before upgrade><

So...
Is it a good idea to return it to apple store and get a new one?
(I can pay one hundred more to upgrade it to 64GB)
Is the new one come with iOS 5.1.1 so that I can jailbreak it?

If not, I guess I will still have some fun with siri lol

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You don't say a hundred what so I assume dollars. Yes, it's worth it for the extra storage, and yes, you can jailbreak 5.1.1. New iPads shouldn't be shipping with iOS 6 yet, but it could be worth asking at the store, just to be on the safe side. Don't tell them you intend to JB. It'll go down like a dirty joke in church.

OP
M

michael98764

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Super cool..gonna upgrade a new one!
Do you guys have advise about any specific step I should take once I get it?
For example, save the blobs. Should I connect to iTunes before I jailbreak it? Should I sync with iTunes before or after jailbreak?

Just make sure this time I won't mess it up again lol
Thank you very much guys!!!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Super cool..gonna upgrade a new one!
Do you guys have advise about any specific step I should take once I get it?
For example, save the blobs. Should I connect to iTunes before I jailbreak it? Should I sync with iTunes before or after jailbreak?

Just make sure this time I won't mess it up again lol
Thank you very much guys!!!

The first, and biggest, piece of advice (if it still has iOS 5.1.1 on it): Don't accept the prompts from the iPad or iTunes to upgrade it to the newest software (iOS 6). :)

you will want to set the iPad up so you can access WiFi on it. You can do that either by turning it on and following the initial prompts or by connecting it to iTunes and following its prompts. Just don't bother putting on any apps, data, music, backups or such. You want the bare minimum on it...

Then, once you have it with access to WiFi, follow the steps in this thread to jail break it: http://www.ipadforums.net/showthread.php?t=77390

Then, after it's jail broken, you can then start enjoying it. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

Most reactions