What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bought an Ipad 2, bye bye Nook Color...and questions

Jennyc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bit the bullet and bought an ipad 2 yesterday (16g, verizon 3g, white). Will be giving my nook color to my mom :).

A few questions:

1) What exactly is airplane mode?

2) How do i move app icons from page two of my home screen to page one?

3) Does one need to sign up for their 3g coverage as soon as they get the ipad 2? Or can it be done whenever? I'm goin on vacation in a few weeks and would like to activate it then. No statute of limitations on activating it, right??

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bit the bullet and bought an ipad 2 yesterday (16g, verizon 3g, white). Will be giving my nook color to my mom :).

A few questions:

1) What exactly is airplane mode?

2) How do i move app icons from page two of my home screen to page one?

3) Does one need to sign up for their 3g coverage as soon as they get the ipad 2? Or can it be done whenever? I'm goin on vacation in a few weeks and would like to activate it then. No statute of limitations on activating it, right??

1) Airplane mode turns off WiFi and 3G and is safe for you then to use while on a flight. Quite often the attendants ask for electronic equipment to be put into 'flight mode'

2) On Page 2 press and hold any icon until they start to 'jiggle'. Then touch and drag the icon you want to move towards the very left hand edge of page 2 - the very edge - and hold there for a second. They will then switch onto page 1 and you'll be able to move them to wherever you want.

3) No - you can sign up whenever you want..no statute of limitations on activations!!

Tim

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I should have added that, once you've moved an icon, to stop them jiggling, press the Home button...

Tim

Veritas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought the iPad and passed on my iPod touch to my gf. She just uses It for words with friends and angry birds haha.

Jwin97

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can also rearrange your icons while the iPad is plugged into iTunes. When in iTunes with the iPad plugged in, click on the name of your iPad on the left. Then click on apps. You'll see all your screens and you can click and drag to move them around.

Most reactions