What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boosting a wifi signal to the ipad

Hezza

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The owners of the site where I have a mobile home have recently installed wifi. There is a transmitter on top of the main building that sends out a wifi signal. Unfortunately my unit is situated in a place where I struggle to pick up the signal without standing on one leg on top of the wardrobe!
Does anyone know of any sort of signal booster that I could mount on a mast that would transmit a stronger signal to my iPad indoors?

Many thanks

Hezza

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The owners of the site where I have a mobile home have recently installed wifi. There is a transmitter on top of the main building that sends out a wifi signal. Unfortunately my unit is situated in a place where I struggle to pick up the signal without standing on one leg on top of the wardrobe!
Does anyone know of any sort of signal booster that I could mount on a mast that would transmit a stronger signal to my iPad indoors?

Many thanks

Hezza

Not sure if it's necessary to mount anything on a mast, at least not before considering these babies:
Look up the offerings here "wi-fi-booster-review.toptenreviews.com/" (meanwhile be careful on top of that wardrobe)
Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You should just be able to purchase any old wireless repeater / range extender, and assuming you can place it somewhere that it gets the signal, you can then repeat it - I sit one on my windowsill in the Kitchen to repeat my wifi from inside the house into the garden.

I use the "Belkin Wireless G Universal Range Extender", but many others are available :D

Most reactions

Latest posts